WELCOME TO SCC
SARASOTA CITY CHURCH EXISTS TO PROCLAIM FREEDOM IN JESUS CHRIST TO ALL PEOPLE IN OUR COMMUNITIES. THIS VISION BEGAN WHEN PASTOR IGOR RECEIVED A WORD FROM GOD TO ESTABLISH A CHURCH WHILE VISITING CITY OF SARASOTA. SOON, YOUNG PEOPLE BEGAN RECEIVING JESUS CHRIST AS PERSONAL SAVIOR AND A SMALL GROUP WAS FORMED, THEN GROWING INTO A CHURCH AS OTHERS JOINED IN AND WERE IGNITED WITH THE SAME VISION. IN 2004, PASTOR IGOR MARRIED OKSANA, WHO IS ORDAINED AS A PASTOR AS WELL. BOTH PASTORS SHARE PASSION TO SPREAD THE GOODNESS OF GOSPEL IN SARASOTA AREA AND BEYOND THROUGH THE PRINCIPLES OF EVANGELISM AND DISCIPLESHIP.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Bible to be the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday life.
- There is one God who is the creator of all things. We believe in the Trinity of God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life and His atoning death through His shed blood. We believe in His resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of the Father. He is the only One who can reconcile us to God. We’re saved by God’s grace through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Sin separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives. In order to receive forgiveness and the new birth we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and submit to His will for our lives.
- In order to fulfill the purpose that God has for us, we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables believers to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues.
- God’s Church consists of all that are born again and believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. We believe that God released gifts upon the earth, placing some to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip the saints for works of ministry. The Church exists to continue the work of Jesus Christ and expand His kingdom by destroying the works of the enemy, preaching and living the Gospel, discipling the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
- We believe in chastity before marriage and that God designed marriage to be a union between one man and one woman.
- We believe that life begins at conception and that it is a sacred gift from God.